I am running for a seat on the Palo Alto school board for a simple reason: to focus our board and our district on Putting Students First. That means:
Academic excellence for every child, including foreign language instruction for every elementary school student and computer literacy for every graduate.
- A healthy, satisfying life at school, with less unnecessary stress and stronger supports for the social emotional wellbeing of our middle and high school students, including full implementation of our district homework policy and improvements to guidance counseling.
- Smaller and less crowded neighborhood schools, by reopening a 13th elementary school and planning for middle and high school population growth.
- A commitment to creating a master plan at Cubberley with the City that will give us the community center our children and adults need.
Innovative schools that reflect the spirit of Silicon Valley, with stronger connections to centers of excellence like Stanford and support for innovative teachers.
- Consistency across schools and teachers in grading and curriculum, and common-sense practices like handing tests back so that parents can help their students at home.
- An end to conflict with the federal government over civil rights, and to wasted resources on legal fees and PR expenses.
- A transparent, accountable and effective School Board that is focused on Putting Students First.
I'd love to hear from you! You can email me at email@example.com or give me a call at 650-906-4340.
A Collaborative and Committed Community Leader
Ken is a proven, collaborative leader who has brought together parents and community members from across our school district to successfully advocate for student learning and health. He has attended nearly every school board meeting for several years, served on important PAUSD committees on homework and the state Local Control Accountability Plan, and brings data to inform school board decisions. He also participates in the Project Safety Net Community Engagement Committee.